Johannesburg Expo Centre
"Meeting your demands, exceeding your expectations"
Johannesburg Expo Centre (JEC) - South Africa's largest purpose-built exhibition, convention and events venue - is one of Johannesburg's best known landmarks. Home to South Africa's oldest and most cherished consumer show, The Rand Show, as well as other world-class trade shows and events such as Automechanika, Joburg Motor Show and Electra Mining, JEC is a proud leader and ambassador of its the industry. The Centre is owned by the UK-based Montgomery Group, black economic empowerment consortium, Imphandze Investments (led by Andrew Mthembu) and local entrepreneur, Raymond Burke.
To maintain our position as one of Southern Africa's leading national and international exhibition, convention and events centres.
To harness our professionalism, flexibility and hospitality to offer our clients world-class service; and to ensure that their experience always exceeds their expectations.
Over the years the venue has kept pace with the remarkable growth of the local exhibition and conference industries, evolving into a world-class facility that offers exhibitors, visitors, and delegates a first rate experience.
In addition to positioning itself as exhibition, conference and event organisers' venue of choice, Expo Centre is committed to strategically aligning itself with carefully selected partners that provide an experience that prioritizes convenience and aptitude.
As Southern Africa's largest multi-purpose facility, we offer:
• Multipurpose exhibition halls providing over 50000 m² of space under roof.
• Over 100 000m² of outdoor exhibition space.
• Conference rooms encompassing 4 000m².
• A multi-purpose arena that can accommodate up to 20 000 people.
• More than 15 000 parking bays.
• Five star catering facilities.
• 24 hour security.
• Convenient location with ease of access to all of Johannesburg's major arterial highways and within 30 minutes from OR Tambo International Airport.
• Within 15 Minutes to a variety of choice hotels ranging from 3 star to 5 star.
• World class facilities, validated by the receipt of the coveted PMR Africa Diamond Award in 2007 and 2011.
Exhibition Venue of Choice
Although Expo Centre is probably best known for one of Johannesburg's much loved consumer exhibitions, the annual Rand Show, it is also home to several other well known exhibitions, including:
o Africa Health Congress and Expo
o African Farmers
o Aircon- Vent Africa
o Baba Indaba
o Electra Mining
o Elenex Africa
o Glass Expo Africa
o Johannesburg International Motor Show
o Process Show
o Soweto Festival
o The Star Interbuild Africa
o WoodPro Africa
Our Finest Hour
There is no doubt that Expo Centre's finest hour was when it hosted the International Broadcast Centre (IBC) for the 2010 FIFA World Cup.
The IBC was the nerve centre for all television operations and world news agencies during the world cup. This was a mammoth undertaking and Expo Centre's selection (amidst fierce competition) speaks volumes about the centre's facilities and capabilities.